Hello all! The holidays are here and I'm back with another blog post! I wanted to share with you 28 things I'm thankful for this year. So here we go!
1. My dogs. If you know me AT ALL you know I'm completely obsessed with my doggos. Rescuing these little girls is one of my favorite things about myself. June and Cayde, I am so lucky to be your dog mom!
2. James. If you don't know about our love story; we have been together since I was 17 years old and I've known I want to marry him since I was 13. We have been through so much together through the years and he is my right hand man, supportive of ANYTHING I put my mind to, and my best friend.
3. My clients. You guys I'm really the luckiest girl in the WORLD! My clients are the best and they love me so much and trust my vision always! I wouldn't be where I am today without each and every person that has ever say in my chair. If that's you then THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.
4. Dry shampoo. Yeah, I wouldn't be as happy as I am without this product. It lets me sleep in later and makes my hair color last longer! My BFF.
5. Coffee. Duh, right? My favorite is an iced caramel macchiatto with almond milk. SO GOOD! But I drink black coffee with Stevia sweetener every morning.
6. Comfy blankets. It doesn't matter if it's 100 degrees I'm still going to be on the couch covered with a blanket.
7. YouTube, Netflix, Hulu. They keep me entertained on the daily and they are all important in my sanity.
8. Shellac polish. I'm a cheapo and claim to be constantly busy so I do my own shellac polish at home. I love that it is immediately dry because a girl has things to do! It's also insanely shiny and lasts 2 full week!
9. Christmas lights. I wish it was socially acceptable to keep twinkly lights up all year round. I put my tree up early this year because I wanted the lights specifically. It just makes me so happy. I especially love to go look at Christmas light displays in December!
10. Beauties & Beasts and Cowley Humane Society. These are the rescues we went through to get my little girls. I'm so incredibly thankful for these rescues and I love donating to them throughout the year. They constantly need supplies and it always makes me feel warm and fuzzy when I donate!
11. Crystals. This year I have gotten more in tune with my inner self and ways to feel more grounded. I have crystals all over my office and in my station at work. They bring me good vibes and balance out my chakras.
12. The app MyFitnessPal. I had to mention this app because it has literally changed my life this year. I have lost over 50 pounds this year and I owe it all to this app. If you're wanting to take control of your weight I HIGHLY recommend using it!
13. Hot sauce. Literally and kind of hot sauce is welcome on my plate, unless you're talking about the killer sauces. I'm not trying to die but I am trying to sweat! I put hot sauce on so many things and I have half a shelf in my fridge dedicated to different hot sauces!
14. Essential oils. They help keep my house smelling great in a diffuser and I love lavender for sleep or Thieves for a sore throat.
15. My RTIC tumbler. I use one every single day to keep my water cold for hours. Super affordable and mega effective.
16. Social media. Sometimes it can put me in a downward spiral but I am totally thankful to be able to keep up with friends and family. I have also completely built my career using social media.
17. Seasons. This might sound dumb but I'm so thankful that I get to experience seasons here in Kansas. We get it all here and yes, I do complain because some seasons can last longer than others. It blows my mind to talk to people that haven't experienced seasons.
18. Popcorn. I eat popcorn all the time. My current favorite is Skinny Pop because it's pre-popped and basically guilt free. And if we're going to the movies I can slam a large popcorn all by myself, I'm not proud of it but it's true.
19. Maurices and Target. These two stores are where I get 98% of my clothing. It's hard for me to branch out to shop for clothes at other places because I am just so spoiled with options at these places. And do you even need a reason to go to Target? No!
20. Cell phone. It's a no brainer, it does almost everything for me. I would be truly lost in my current life without my cell phone.
21. Pinterest. My life is completely planned out on Pinterest! It has food I want to eat, clothes I want to wear, the house decor I want, my dream wedding and the tattoos I want on my body. Totally obsessed and I spend a lot of time on this app!
22. Vans shoes. I almost exclusively wear this brand of shoes. They are comfortable to stand in all day and totally my style. They have lots of patterns and colors, too!
23. Schmidt's brand deodorant. I switched to aluminum free deodorant over a year ago and this is my favorite brand to use. My favorite scents are Bergamot + Lime and Charcoal + Magnesium. If you're interested in switching over do your research!
24. Pickled things. I love sour food and anything pickled. Fun fact; recently I tried to make homemade pickles and pickled okra. It worked but the recipe didn't taste good and I was sad. So I have even more respect for pickled foods!
25. Online shopping. The world is very peoply and I prefer to stay in at home so I do a lot of online shopping. Especially for Black Friday shopping!
26. Horror movies and haunted houses. I looove a good horror movie. I watch them all the time and James is too scared so I watch them solo curled up on the couch with my dogs. I also love going to haunted houses during October.
27. Makeup. I believe everyone is beautiful without makeup and I run around without it often. But I also enjoy playing around with different colors, shades, and formulas of things to make me feel my absolute most confident. Mascara is my BFF!
28. Thanksgiving. I love having a holiday focused around remembering what you're thankful for and delicious comfort food. My favorite Thanksgiving food is by FAR stuffing. I can eat an entire plate full if I wanted to and Stove Top is my actual favorite. It's TOO good!
If you're still here then you deserved a high five! I love reading these kind of posts saying all the things people are thankful for.
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with family and friends!